Director of Data
About The Position
Tenengroup is shaping the personalized eCommerce experience to customers around the world.
We are a data driven, end-to-end e-commerce house of brands, with more than 30 websites around the world.
By using high end data tools to leverage the market trends and needs, we give our customers a personalized and unique online shopping experience.
We are looking for a Director of Data to lead the company’s data department and own the data infrastructure, reporting, analysis and BI products throughout the company.
In this role you will be responsible for the use of data across the company, manage and maintain new and existing projects, and drive the company’s future of data and analytics. You will interact on daily basis with the business units of the company, at all levels, to drive change through data and invent data solutions. You will spearhead the use and integration of data products on our websites and software stack.
· Lead the data and analytics in the company. Drive strategy through data, develop the vision of data and analytics in the company
· Partner with senior management to design revenue growth strategies using data
· Lead the data department which consists of Data Engineering, BI and Product teams
· Collect and understand the data needs of the different business units and stakeholders
· Subject matter expert of all the Data departments products
· Monitoring of the production data systems and flows – responsibility for the availability of the systems and the update cycles
· Building and nurturing the Data Departments employees and leaders
· Minimum of 3 years in a data leading role
· Employee management experience (preferably managing team leaders as well)
· Experience with building and maintaining data lakes, data warehouses, and data pipelines
· Vast hands-on experience with SQL and BI tools (Tableau, Qlik, Sisense, etc.)
· Experience in B2C companies - advantage
· Hands-on experience with maintaining big data environments (Hadoop clusters, HDFS) - advantage